|Consulate on Wheels on Aug. 21-23|
|Wednesday, 10 June 2009|
Deadline of registration for voting in the Philippine Elections is on August 31,2009. CONSULATE ON WHEELS WILL BE HERE IN SEATTLE-FILIPINO COMMUNITY CENTER ON AUGUST 21, 22 & 23. You can register during this time. Get the word out!
All citizens of the Philippines who intend to vote abroad, at least eighteen (18) years of age on the day of elections and not disqualified by law, may register.
Deadline of registration is on August 31, 2009.
For more information..Click posting title
Philippine Consulate General
415-433-6666 ext. 313 (public information section)
July 30, 2009
PASSPORTS IN FOUR WEEKS
The Philippine Consulate General in San Francisco is pleased to announce that the processing of the Philippine machine-readable passports now takes four (4) weeks. Previously, it takes an average of six (6) to eight (8) weeks for the processing of the machine-readable passports.
The fee for the processing of passports is still fifty US dollars ($50), payable in cash, money order, cashier’s check or bank draft payable to the “Philippine Consulate General.”
Following are the requirements for the renewal of passports:
1. Duly accomplished passport application form, which can be downloaded at: www.philippineconsulate-sf.org. Click “Consular services” then “Passport application form”
2. Original and one (1) photocopy of the most recent Philippine passport. For first time applicants, an NSO issued birth certificate or a Report of Birth issued by the Consulate is required.
3. Two (2) identical 4.5 cm x 3.5 cm pictures with royal blue background.
4. Oath of Allegiance for Dual Citizens. For minor children who are dual citizens, the Report of Birth, and Order of Approval are required.
5. In view of the need to determine an applicant’s citizenship, a consular officer may require an applicant to present a valid document of foreign residency, i.e., a US Permanent Resident Card.
6. For applicants with brown passports: a copy of any valid identification which shows the applicant’s middle name: birth certificate, marriage certificate, baptismal certificate, state ID or driver’s license, or permanent resident card.
7. USPS Express Mail Postage Stamps worth $17.50 (If the applicant desires to have his/her passport mailed to him/her).
All applicants must personally appear at the Consulate, except for:
1. Minors 8 years old and below
2. Senior citizens 65 years old and above
3. Applicants from out of State of California
Following are additional requirements for mailed applications:
1. Two (2) self-addressed USPS envelopes with stamps (1 priority and 1 express mail)
2. Application form should be notarized
3. Fee should be in the form of money order, cashier’s check or bank draft payable to the “Philippine Consulate General.”
Please note that it will take more than four (4) weeks for mailed applications.END